Robber goes for the gold
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) - February 26, 2010 -- Going for Olympic gold.
But in this case the person with the gold medals is a crook.
Police in Tempe, Ariz., are looking for someone who stole three Olympic gold medals from swimmer Melissa Belote-Ripley.
She won them during the 1972 games in Munich, Germany.
Police say someone broke into her home during the day Wednesday and took the irreplaceable items.
The family hopes the medals will be returned.
arizona, robbery, summer olympics, bizarre bazaar
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 55 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ