Robber goes for the gold
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) - February 26, 2010 -- Going for Olympic gold.
But in this case the person with the gold medals is a crook.
Police in Tempe, Ariz., are looking for someone who stole three Olympic gold medals from swimmer Melissa Belote-Ripley.
She won them during the 1972 games in Munich, Germany.
Police say someone broke into her home during the day Wednesday and took the irreplaceable items.
The family hopes the medals will be returned.
arizona, robbery, summer olympics, bizarre bazaar
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted