Grass clash in California
ORANGE, Calif. (AP) - March 3, 2010 -- A California couple is in trouble over their grass -- or rather the lack of it.
Quan Ha has pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor count of violating the Orange city code.
Ha and his wife replaced their grass with wood chips in 2008.
They just had a baby and say they were thinking about the future.
Southern California cities people for overwatering their lawns.
And the Has say they figured eliminating the grass was the right thing to do.
Code enforcement officials charge the couple hasn't maintained the required live landscaping over 40 percent of the yard.
california, bizarre bazaar
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 16 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight 25 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 15 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc