Grass clash in California
ORANGE, Calif. (AP) - March 3, 2010 -- A California couple is in trouble over their grass -- or rather the lack of it.
Quan Ha has pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor count of violating the Orange city code.
Ha and his wife replaced their grass with wood chips in 2008.
They just had a baby and say they were thinking about the future.
Southern California cities people for overwatering their lawns.
And the Has say they figured eliminating the grass was the right thing to do.
Code enforcement officials charge the couple hasn't maintained the required live landscaping over 40 percent of the yard.
california, bizarre bazaar
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 10 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada 52 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 59 min ago
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Video: Prankster glues woman to Home Depot toilet 51 min ago
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
18 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela...
59 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
59 min ago