6 NJ women hospitalized after cosmetic surgery
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - March 8, 2010 -- Six women in New Jersey are recovering after they received buttocks-enhancement injections containing silicone used to caulk bathtubs.
State health officials say the women, from Essex County, apparently underwent cosmetic procedures from unlicensed providers.
Investigators have not determined if the cases are related.
No arrests have been made.
Instead of medical-grade silicone, the women received a diluted version of nonmedical-grade silicone.
State epidemiologist Tina Tan says there's the risk for more serious complications when infections are not treated early.
new jersey, hospitals, healthcare, surgery, bizarre bazaar
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today 6 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 54 min ago
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge 59 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting
- Fight erupts during Philly Christmas tree...
18 min ago