6 NJ women hospitalized after cosmetic surgery
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - March 8, 2010 -- Six women in New Jersey are recovering after they received buttocks-enhancement injections containing silicone used to caulk bathtubs.
State health officials say the women, from Essex County, apparently underwent cosmetic procedures from unlicensed providers.
Investigators have not determined if the cases are related.
No arrests have been made.
Instead of medical-grade silicone, the women received a diluted version of nonmedical-grade silicone.
State epidemiologist Tina Tan says there's the risk for more serious complications when infections are not treated early.
new jersey, hospitals, healthcare, surgery, bizarre bazaar
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 9 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 35 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 49 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos