NJ woman trying to be world's fattest
OLD BRIDGE, N.J. - March 16, 2010 (WPVI) -- Donna Simpson, from northern New Jersey, is on a quest to become the fattest woman in the world.
Tipping the scales at more than 600 pounds, she says she won't be happy until she reaches 1,000.
In an interview with UK newspaper The Daily Mail, Simpson says she's trying to pack on the extra pounds in just two years.
"I do love cakes and sweet things, doughnuts are my favorite," she told the paper.
However, she says there is one obstacle: "Running after my daughter keeps my weight down," she said.
As it turns out, giving birth wasn't easy. Her daughter, Jacqueline, was delivered in a high-risk Caesarean section in 2007. At the time, Simpson weight more than 500 pounds.
She now weighs 100 pounds more, but insisted she is healthy, despite needing a mobility scooter when she goes shopping.
To achieve her goal of weighing a half ton, Simpson says she will need to eat up to 12,000 calories a day. It's usually recommended that most people eat about 2,000 calories per day.
'I love eating and people love watching me eat,' she said to The Daily Mail.
'It makes people happy, and I'm not harming anyone.'
Information from: The Daily Mail
new jersey, obesity, bizarre bazaar
- School closings and delays 15 min ago
- Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 49 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally 15 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos