Man fleeing police jumps fence - into prison
CLEVELAND (AP) - March 30, 2010 -- Police say a motorist fleeing officers in Cleveland abandoned his car and jumped a fence - landing in what turned out to be a prison yard.
Garfield Heights police say the chase started in that suburb early Monday over a traffic violation and reached speeds of 90 mph.
Police say that after a race through several communities, the driver and a passenger bolted from the car and headed for a fence.
They apparently did not realize it was on the outside the state women's prison in Cleveland.
They were arrested along with two other passengers who also tried to flee.
cleveland, ohio, police chase, police, bizarre bazaar
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J. 2 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 28 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch