DC could stand for something else
WASHINGTON (AP) - March 31, 2010 -- Washington D.C. could soon become the District of Cannabis.
The city council in the nation's capital is considering a measure that would allow people to have up to 2 ounces of medical marijuana a month.
Voters in Washington approved a medicinal marijuana ballot measure in 1998.
But Congress had kept it from going into effect until December.
It's now up the council to set specific rules for medical marijuana.
The full council still needs to vote on the issue and it could be approved as early as May.
washington, d.c., medical marijuana, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids