DC could stand for something else
WASHINGTON (AP) - March 31, 2010 -- Washington D.C. could soon become the District of Cannabis.
The city council in the nation's capital is considering a measure that would allow people to have up to 2 ounces of medical marijuana a month.
Voters in Washington approved a medicinal marijuana ballot measure in 1998.
But Congress had kept it from going into effect until December.
It's now up the council to set specific rules for medical marijuana.
The full council still needs to vote on the issue and it could be approved as early as May.
washington, d.c., medical marijuana, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 47 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 26 min ago
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 13 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 42 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
47 min ago
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
26 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos