Giant misspelling that no one noticed
HOUSTON (AP) - April 8, 2010 -- It's a giant spelling mistake -- on the jersey of an outfielder for the San Francisco Giants.
When Eugenio Velez made his season debut yesterday in game against Houston, San Francisco was misspelled on his road jersey.
The "S" and "C" in "Francisco" were swapped.
No one seemed to notice until well after the game.
Velez says it's incredible.
The Giants promise to have his jersey corrected by the next road game against the Dodgers next week.
By the way, the Giants swept the Astros and won yesterday's game 10-4.
houston, texas, bizarre bazaar
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 13 min ago
- Record Warmth! 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 3 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 13 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 13 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 1 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
13 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
3 min ago
- Record Warmth!
43 min ago