Giant misspelling that no one noticed
HOUSTON (AP) - April 8, 2010 -- It's a giant spelling mistake -- on the jersey of an outfielder for the San Francisco Giants.
When Eugenio Velez made his season debut yesterday in game against Houston, San Francisco was misspelled on his road jersey.
The "S" and "C" in "Francisco" were swapped.
No one seemed to notice until well after the game.
Velez says it's incredible.
The Giants promise to have his jersey corrected by the next road game against the Dodgers next week.
By the way, the Giants swept the Astros and won yesterday's game 10-4.
houston, texas, bizarre bazaar
- Autopsy results released in death of Pa. Trooper's wife 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 3 min ago
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?