The village idiot
STORY, Ind. (AP) - April 13, 2010 -- Setting her own hair on fire isn't the brightest thing to do.
Now, Dani Hamm is the reigning "Village Idiot" in Story, Indiana.
Hamm had given her locks a dousing with hairspray.
She was driving to work in February when she lit up a cigarette and then heard a "whoosh."
It was her hair igniting.
The dubious Village Idiot honor was bestowed by regulars at the Story Inn, where Hamm is a bartender.
The title is awarded every April.
It also comes with a $100 bar tab at the rural inn.
indiana, smoking, fire, bizarre bazaar
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 9 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 36 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 30 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 28 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 48 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
30 min ago