The village idiot
STORY, Ind. (AP) - April 13, 2010 -- Setting her own hair on fire isn't the brightest thing to do.
Now, Dani Hamm is the reigning "Village Idiot" in Story, Indiana.
Hamm had given her locks a dousing with hairspray.
She was driving to work in February when she lit up a cigarette and then heard a "whoosh."
It was her hair igniting.
The dubious Village Idiot honor was bestowed by regulars at the Story Inn, where Hamm is a bartender.
The title is awarded every April.
It also comes with a $100 bar tab at the rural inn.
indiana, smoking, fire, bizarre bazaar
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife 56 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi...
56 min ago