The village idiot
STORY, Ind. (AP) - April 13, 2010 -- Setting her own hair on fire isn't the brightest thing to do.
Now, Dani Hamm is the reigning "Village Idiot" in Story, Indiana.
Hamm had given her locks a dousing with hairspray.
She was driving to work in February when she lit up a cigarette and then heard a "whoosh."
It was her hair igniting.
The dubious Village Idiot honor was bestowed by regulars at the Story Inn, where Hamm is a bartender.
The title is awarded every April.
It also comes with a $100 bar tab at the rural inn.
indiana, smoking, fire, bizarre bazaar
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 29 min ago
- Vice principal found dead after South Korea ferry accident 1 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape