Driving instructor busted for speeding
PARIS (AP) - April 14, 2010 -- A driving instructor in France taught three of his students a lesson about the consequences of speeding, when police stopped him for exceeding the speed limit - with the students in the car.
Police immediately suspended the instructor's license for four months after he was clocked at 134 kilometers (83 miles) per hour in a 70-kilometer zone on a highway off-ramp in Valence, in southeast France, according to local police commander Claude Bourrelly.
The students had just taken driving tests when their instructor was stopped. It was unclear whether they passed their tests.
The instructor's boss at a driving school in Valence, Jean-pierre Mounier, said Tuesday he was ready to give the instructor another chance, calling him "a very good worker."
france, paris, automobiles, bizarre bazaar
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 43 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, traps parents in room 29 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
43 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
29 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos