With 2,100 needles, meet the human pin cushion
DALLAS, Tx. - April 22, 2010 (WPVI) -- A man who calls himself the "Mexican Pin Cushion" set a world record in a most painful kind of way.
Robert Rubio wanted to be in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most piercing needles in a body at one time.
Rubio had already set the record in 2008 with 900 needles, but someone surpassed it with a record of 1197 needles.
So, Rubio set his sights on 2,000 needles. Then, during the process, he upped it to 2,100 needles.
Rubio says he did it for his mother, so she could see her son's name in the record books. He says she also thinks he's pretty strange.
"Well, she thinks I'm stupid but she still loves me," Rubio said.
dallas, texas, world records, bizarre bazaar
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed