Man in feud placed fake orgy ad
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - April 22, 2010 -- A Connecticut man is due in court on charges that he targeted his neighbor in an online advertisement that invited strangers to a rowdy orgy with a soccer mom.
Forty-two-year-old Philip James Conran is scheduled to appear Thursday in Hartford Superior Court. The West Hartford man is charged with reckless endangerment, harassment and other offenses.
Police say Conran and the neighbor had been feuding. They say he posted a Craigslist ad on April 5 pretending to be the neighbor. The ad said the woman wanted to fulfill her fantasy of group sex and listed her address, prompting several strangers to visit or drive by.
One man was arrested after allegedly going to the wrong address and groping a teenage girl there.
connecticut, sex, craigslist, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 44 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 59 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
6 min ago