UFO festival may soon crash
ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) - June 1, 2010 -- A UFO could be headed for a crash -- a UFO festival.
Officials in Roswell, New Mexico, may be pulling the financial plug on the annual UFO Festival.
The event celebrates the supposed crash of a flying saucer near the town in the late 1940s.
The festival includes a parade, complete with folks dressed as space aliens.
But the City Council has approved a preliminary budget for next year, which doesn't include any money for the festival.
One council member says its outrageous to spend $150,000 of the taxpayers money on the UFO event.
This summer's festival is already funded and will go ahead as planned.
new mexico, aliens, ufos, bizarre bazaar
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 8 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 12 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 12 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 12 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
8 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
12 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
12 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos