UFO festival may soon crash
ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) - June 1, 2010 -- A UFO could be headed for a crash -- a UFO festival.
Officials in Roswell, New Mexico, may be pulling the financial plug on the annual UFO Festival.
The event celebrates the supposed crash of a flying saucer near the town in the late 1940s.
The festival includes a parade, complete with folks dressed as space aliens.
But the City Council has approved a preliminary budget for next year, which doesn't include any money for the festival.
One council member says its outrageous to spend $150,000 of the taxpayers money on the UFO event.
This summer's festival is already funded and will go ahead as planned.
new mexico, aliens, ufos, bizarre bazaar
- Police: Missing boy struck by car 15 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013 9 min ago