Ohio woman jailed for calling 911 seeking husband
ALLIANCE, Ohio - June 10, 2010 -- An Ohio woman spent three days in jail for calling the 911 emergency line five times seeking a husband.
The dispatcher was flabbergasted by the requests and asked Audrey Scott, of Alliance, "You need to get a husband?"
The 57-year-old Scott responded, "Yes."
Told that she could face arrest for misusing 911, Scott responded, "Let's do it."
Scott was convicted last week of improper use of the 911 system and was sentenced to the three days in jail, which she had already served since her arrest. Seven other days were suspended if she stays out of trouble for a year.
After her release, Scott blamed the case on alcohol. There is no phone listing for Scott, who could not be reached for additional comment Wednesday.
Information from: The Review, http://www.the-review.com
ohio, 9-1-1 call, bizarre bazaar
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos