Missouri pooper scooper finds $58 in doggie doo
ST. LOUIS (AP) - June 16, 2010 -- This is why your mother says to wash your hands after handling money.
An employee of DoodyCalls Pet Waste Removal in St. Louis says he recently found $58 packed in dog poop, then returned the cash to the pooch's owner.
But Steve Wilson says he sanitized the bills first.
Wilson says he wasn't sure what to do when he first noticed money sticking out from the doggie doo. But after pulling out the cash and cleaning it, he placed it in a plastic zip-locked bag and gave it back to the customer.
The Association of Professional Animal Waste Specialists says Wilson is the first person in his profession to find and report money in dog poop.
missouri, st. louis, money, bizarre bazaar
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police