Missouri pooper scooper finds $58 in doggie doo
ST. LOUIS (AP) - June 16, 2010 -- This is why your mother says to wash your hands after handling money.
An employee of DoodyCalls Pet Waste Removal in St. Louis says he recently found $58 packed in dog poop, then returned the cash to the pooch's owner.
But Steve Wilson says he sanitized the bills first.
Wilson says he wasn't sure what to do when he first noticed money sticking out from the doggie doo. But after pulling out the cash and cleaning it, he placed it in a plastic zip-locked bag and gave it back to the customer.
The Association of Professional Animal Waste Specialists says Wilson is the first person in his profession to find and report money in dog poop.
missouri, st. louis, money, bizarre bazaar
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower