Mass. official aims to shame library porn viewers
QUINCY, Mass. (AP) - June 30, 2010 -- A city councilor in Massachusetts thinks he's come up with a way to stop people looking at pornography on public library computers - name them and shame them.
Quincy Councilor Daniel Raymondi has asked Mayor Thomas Koch to make public a list of people who have viewed pornography on library computers within the past year. The council unanimously approved a resolution on the idea last week.
Library director Ann McLaughlin tells The Patriot Ledger that using library computers to access porn is against policy, and violators are given two warnings before they are banned. She says she's not sure publicly naming violators would work.
A spokesman for the mayor says the city's legal department is reviewing Raymondi's request.
massachusetts, pornography, sex, bizarre bazaar
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 28 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 12 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 32 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 32 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 32 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
28 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
32 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
32 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
18 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos