8 tons of cheese spilled in crash
SALEM, S.D. (AP) - July 9, 2010 -- Cheese anyone?
A semi-truck loaded with more than 17,000 pounds of cheese crashed on I-90 yesterday morning. South Dakota troopers shutdown the highway for about five hours while front-end loaders and dump trucks hauled away the mess.
The highway patrol reports the driver fell asleep at the wheel and was charged.
The semi rolled, spilling its of load of 25 giant blocks of cheese, weighing about 700 pounds each.
All that cheese -- and not a cracker in sight.
food, accident, south dakota, bizarre bazaar
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station