Cherry Hill lawyer charged for fight at Pa. court
SCRANTON, Pa. (AP) - July 16, 2010 -- An attorney has been charged with assault after authorities say he repeatedly punched his opposing counsel during an argument in a northeastern Pennsylvania courthouse.
Police say 46-year-old Michael Rauch threw three roundhouse punches at Scranton attorney John Fisher at the Lackawanna County Courthouse in Scranton on Thursday.
The two had been on opposite sides of a civil lawsuit involving a 2003 car crash.
Rauch, of Cherry Hill, N.J., was charged Thursday with simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct.
Court papers say Rauch told sheriff's deputies that he had told Fisher to leave him alone but that he continued to harass him.
Rauch spent the morning in a holding cell and later left the courthouse on $10,000 unsecured bail. He could not immediately be reached by The Associated Press on Friday.
Fisher is declining comment.
Information from The Scranton Times
new jersey, pennsylvania, scranton, fight, bizarre bazaar
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos