Police: Pa. woman escapes custody at arraignment
EASTON, Pa. (AP) - July 16, 2010 -- Police in Northampton County say they are looking for a woman who escaped custody just before her arraignment in a district court.
Police say 22-year-old Bethlehem, Pa. resident Krystal Rae Gottshall was about to be arraigned on a felony theft charge Thursday afternoon when she ran out the back door of the courthouse.
Authorities say she was still handcuffed and wearing a blue prison jumpsuit when she ran across the parking lot and away from police in Easton.
Officers have been canvassing the area looking for her and have asked for the public's help.
easton, bethlehem, northampton county, bizarre bazaar
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 22 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast 41 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete 24 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 4 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
4 min ago