Police: Pa. woman escapes custody at arraignment
EASTON, Pa. (AP) - July 16, 2010 -- Police in Northampton County say they are looking for a woman who escaped custody just before her arraignment in a district court.
Police say 22-year-old Bethlehem, Pa. resident Krystal Rae Gottshall was about to be arraigned on a felony theft charge Thursday afternoon when she ran out the back door of the courthouse.
Authorities say she was still handcuffed and wearing a blue prison jumpsuit when she ran across the parking lot and away from police in Easton.
Officers have been canvassing the area looking for her and have asked for the public's help.
easton, bethlehem, northampton county, bizarre bazaar
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases