Golf carts are street legal
LYONS, Colo. (AP) - July 19, 2010 -- Golf carts are now street legal in the town of Lyons, Colorado.
But the Boulder County sheriff's office is reminding cart drivers they must be licensed, sober and stay off the sidewalks.
Sam Tallent even drives his cart in the Colorado winter.
He pushed for the change in the local traffic laws and now sells the carts as a sideline.
He tells a local paper that every car they get off the road is a plus.
Even Mayor Julie Van Domelen jumps on her cart to run errands.
colorado, golf, bizarre bazaar
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos