NYC looking for a bed bug czar
NEW YORK (AP) - July 28, 2010 -- Don't let the bedbugs bite!
That could be the job of the Big Apple's new bedbug czar.
An advisory board is recommending that New York City create a new post to fight the mini-bloodsucking pests.
The expert panel has given its recommendation to Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the City Council.
Officials plan to discuss the bedbug report today.
Bedbugs have spread throughout the city in recent years.
The czar would be Fun City's top bug expert and would control all efforts to fight the pests.
new york city, new york, bedbugs, bizarre bazaar
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 17 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 37 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 58 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
37 min ago