NYC looking for a bed bug czar
NEW YORK (AP) - July 28, 2010 -- Don't let the bedbugs bite!
That could be the job of the Big Apple's new bedbug czar.
An advisory board is recommending that New York City create a new post to fight the mini-bloodsucking pests.
The expert panel has given its recommendation to Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the City Council.
Officials plan to discuss the bedbug report today.
Bedbugs have spread throughout the city in recent years.
The czar would be Fun City's top bug expert and would control all efforts to fight the pests.
new york city, new york, bedbugs, bizarre bazaar
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 57 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
11 min ago