NYC looking for a bed bug czar
NEW YORK (AP) - July 28, 2010 -- Don't let the bedbugs bite!
That could be the job of the Big Apple's new bedbug czar.
An advisory board is recommending that New York City create a new post to fight the mini-bloodsucking pests.
The expert panel has given its recommendation to Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the City Council.
Officials plan to discuss the bedbug report today.
Bedbugs have spread throughout the city in recent years.
The czar would be Fun City's top bug expert and would control all efforts to fight the pests.
new york city, new york, bedbugs, bizarre bazaar
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 51 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 50 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
37 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos