Phantom man photobombs TV reports
August 4, 2010 (WPVI) -- He's been dubbed the "tubby man in the woolly pully" and he's trying to make a point.For weeks, a man has been appearing on British television to make a point. However, he's not a spokesman, a commentator or a politician.
Paul Yarrow started his personal crusade on the streets of London, where a lot of television reporters apparently do a lot of standups. He noticed that video photographers were constantly shooing him out of the way and never wanted to interview him for stories.
So, he started his plan in motion, and set out to appear in the background of as many television reports as possible. In some circles, it's called "Photobombing."
So far, Yarrow's done about 100 of these "guest" spots.ABC News Nightline report
However, it appears the "tubby man in the woolly pully" has appeared in his last reporter standup. According to this report on thisislondon.com, he is going to stop his practice because he's become the story, rather than his point: Television reporters need to stop interviewing only people who are good looking, and start talking to everyone.
england, practical jokes, bizarre bazaar
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 47 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases