Man crams luxury life in 350 sq. feet
HONG KONG - August 6, 2010 -- In Hong Kong, space is at a premium and 30 square meter homes are not uncommon.
One designer actually managed to squeeze 20 rooms into that small area.
It's roughly 350 square feet.
Mathematically, it's quite endless but one can make roughly around 20 different rooms.
Instead of moving from one room to another in this space, the rooms move for you.
A few wall shifts reveal a kitchen, the master bedroom, the office, a laundry area, a spa-themed bathroom, guest accommodation, and more. There's even a mini movie-theatre.
The designer grew up in the very same apartment, over 30 years ago, sharing it with his mother and father, three sisters -- and a tenant!
Hong Kong's biggest little home even works as a party pad. The designer once entertained 20 friends here. He admits, though, that when guests wanted to have private phone conversations, they had to do so in the shower.
Hong Kong, bizarre bazaar
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 12 min ago
- Windy and cold today 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 57 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 3 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad