Man swallows other inmate's glasses
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) - August 13, 2010 -- A North Dakota inmate was not afraid of making a spectacle of himself when he grabbed another suspect's glasses and started to eat them.
Burleigh County Sheriff's Maj. Les Witkowski says the 42-year-old inmate at the county detention center became frustrated Aug. 1 when he was not able to talk to the chaplain, so he swallowed both lenses and a piece of the metal frame.
He had been booked on an aggravated assault charge just five hours earlier.
Witkowski says the inmate was taken to a hospital emergency room but was returned to jail after doctors determined he was OK.
The glasses were worth $250. Authorities are considering a criminal mischief charge against him.
Assistant State's Attorney Lloyd Suhr says he'll be looking into the incident.
north dakota, bizarre bazaar
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 5 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings