These folks are really into gardening
MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) - August 16, 2010 -- Lots of folks in southwest Oregon are high gardening.
But they're not just growing tomatoes.
Police say a growing number of small pot gardens are popping up.
That part of Oregon has more than 7,000 people who are registered medical marijuana users.
The growers claim they're providing a needed service.
But law enforcement officials counter that the medical marijuana law has too many loopholes.
Medford Police Deputy Chief Tim George says all that pot growing isn't about sick people.
He tells the Mail Tribune that one bushy plant can yield $15,000 worth of marijuana.
oregon, marijuana, medical marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll 19 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 5 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
5 min ago