This grandfather will do anything for his grandson
LEBANON, Ohio (AP) - August 23, 2010 -- A grandpa is charged with bringing more than a bottle of Old Grand Dad to prison.
Authorities in Ohio accuse 85-year-old Richard Heritz of trying to smuggle more than 20 grams of pot into a prison.
Officials say he wanted to give the illegal weed to his grandson, Gregory Heritz, who's serving time for burglary.
State troopers say they got a tip about what grandpa had in the package.
The elderly man now faces up to seven years in prison if convicted.
ohio, illegal drugs, marijuana, smuggling, bizarre bazaar
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash