Pa. woman blames gin-soaked raisins for violation
EASTON, Pa. (AP) - August 25, 2010 -- A Pennsylvania woman says she wasn't raising a glass, just raisins.
Fifty-nine-year-old Judy Russo is accused of violating her probation by drinking and blames gin-soaked raisins she used to treat her arthritis.
A Northampton County judge sentenced Russo this month to time behind bars after she failed a urine test. Her attorney filed papers Monday saying she turned to boozy berries because conventional medication doesn't work.
Attorney Jason Jenkins says his client has learned her lesson and asked that her sentence be reduced to probation or time served. Jenkins says Russo also has lung cancer.
She had been on probation after pleading no contest to a stalking charge.
easton, pennsylvania, alcohol, bizarre bazaar
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run