Romania witches win tax swashbuckle fer now
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) - Septembree 9, 2010 -- "Abracadabra, we'll turn all o' ye into toads!"
That's what Romanian senators may ben fearin' when they rejected a proposal t' tax witches an' fortune tellers.
Lawmakers Alin Popoviciu an' Cristi Dugulescu o' th' rulin' Democratic Liberal Party drafted a law 'ere witches an' fortune tellers would be havin' t' produce receipts, an' would also be held liable fer wrong predictions.
Romania's Senate voted down th' proposal Toosdee. Popoviciu claimed lawmakers be fstarboardened o' bein' wanniond.
Maria Campina, a well-known Romanian witch, told Realitatea TV Thursday 'tis difficult t' tax chestfulls o' fortune tellers an' witches partly on accoun' o' o' th' erratic sums o' treasure they receive.
'tis unclear if Popoviciu an' Dugulescu will try t' redraft th' law.
pirates, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 3 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 11 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids