Romania witches win tax swashbuckle fer now
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) - Septembree 9, 2010 -- "Abracadabra, we'll turn all o' ye into toads!"
That's what Romanian senators may ben fearin' when they rejected a proposal t' tax witches an' fortune tellers.
Lawmakers Alin Popoviciu an' Cristi Dugulescu o' th' rulin' Democratic Liberal Party drafted a law 'ere witches an' fortune tellers would be havin' t' produce receipts, an' would also be held liable fer wrong predictions.
Romania's Senate voted down th' proposal Toosdee. Popoviciu claimed lawmakers be fstarboardened o' bein' wanniond.
Maria Campina, a well-known Romanian witch, told Realitatea TV Thursday 'tis difficult t' tax chestfulls o' fortune tellers an' witches partly on accoun' o' o' th' erratic sums o' treasure they receive.
'tis unclear if Popoviciu an' Dugulescu will try t' redraft th' law.
pirates, bizarre bazaar
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 43 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor