Diane von Furstenberg designs Ohio hospital gowns
CLEVELAND (AP) - September 8, 2010 -- Fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg has helped the Cleveland Clinic create a more stylish hospital gown without the peek-a-boo back.
The gown features elements associated with von Furstenberg designs - a wrap dress with a bold, graphic print. The clinic's logo is printed on the fabric.
The gown has side ties, which eliminate the embarrassing open-back look.
The Plain Dealer says the fabric was chosen to address a concern that patients were too warm in the hospital.
So designers had to find a material lightweight enough to be cool but tough enough to withstand frequent laundering and having monitors and drains pinned to it.
Feedback has been mostly positive. Some men have complained that the gown is too feminine, so the design team is condering an alternate print.
cleveland, ohio, hospitals, bizarre bazaar
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal 19 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 38 min ago
- No cheer uniforms for North Philadelphia Aztec squad 26 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico 41 min ago
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting 35 min ago
- 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting
35 min ago
- Firefighters battle Hunting Park blaze
30 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
38 min ago