A class to die for: Zombies 101 at U. Baltimore
BALTIMORE (AP) - September 8, 2010 -- Call it Zombies 101.
The University of Baltimore is offering a new class on the undead.
The course is being taught by Arnold Blumberg, the author of a book on zombie movies, "Zombiemania," and the curator of Geppi's Entertainment Museum, which focuses on American pop culture.
Students taking English 333 will watch 16 classic zombie films and read zombie comics. As an alternative to a final research paper they may write scripts or draw storyboards for their ideal zombie flicks.
The university isn't the first to have a class on the undead. Columbia College in Chicago has offered a course on Zombies in popular media for years, and at Simpson College in Iowa students spent the spring semester writing a book on "The History of the Great Zombie War."
baltimore, maryland, college, bizarre bazaar
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 58 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 23 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 23 min ago
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 23 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
9 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
58 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
23 min ago