Man's stolen guitar shows up on eBay 8 years later
MILL VALLEY, Calif. (AP) - September 21, 2010 -- The owner of a vintage Gibson Les Paul Special stolen eight years ago has found the guitar after it finally resurfaced on eBay.
Doug Duncan never gave up looking for the 1957 guitar after it was stolen in rural Minnesota. The 57-year-old musician had years ago signed up to get e-mail notifications from the auction site whenever similar guitars went on sale.
The site sent him an alert last month saying a similar guitar had been listed by a seller in Mill Valley, Calif. Duncan realized from the serial number that it was his guitar. Even the duct tape he'd put on the case was still there.
Investigators reached the seller, who was a collector with no idea it was stolen.
Duncan hopes the person who sold the guitar to the collector can be identified so he can also recover his childhood guitar stolen along with the Les Paul.
california, music, ebay, bizarre bazaar
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philly 30 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 32 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW...
30 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos