Man douses himself in paint to avoid Taser
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - September 27, 2010 -- A Cheyenne man who doused himself with white latex paint in hopes of avoiding a police Taser was hit with the stun gun anyway.
The Taser chase happened Sept. 16, when Cheyenne police went to Brian Mattert's house on a domestic violence call. The Wyoming Tribune Eagle reports that when police arrived, Mattert thought they'd use a Taser on him, so he hastily covered himself in paint and told officers that if they shot him with the stun gun, he'd die.
Officers told him the paint wouldn't affect the Taser's capability. According to police, Mattert scuffled with officers and was hit with a Taser twice before officers handcuffed him.
He faces several criminal charges. Police say the officers' uniforms had to be cleaned.
wyoming, taser, bizarre bazaar
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 38 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington 15 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition