Pa. man tells thief he's homeless, gets stuff back
YORK, Pa. (AP) - October 21, 2010 -- Police say an armed robber gave back everything he stole from a homeless man after learning he lives at a shelter.
The York Dispatch reported Thursday that 22-year-old Larry Sanderson was outside the York Rescue Mission on Wednesday night when a man displayed the handle of a revolver and told him to empty his pockets. The paper says Sanderson turned over his wallet, cell phone, MP3 player and cigarettes.
When the armed man asked Sanderson if that was all he had, Sanderson explained he lives at the shelter.
Police say the robber replied, "I can respect that," returned the man's property and walked away.
pennsylvania, homeless, robbery, bizarre bazaar
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 36 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire 29 min ago
- Search for missing college student from Skippack 14 min ago
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
36 min ago
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire
29 min ago
- Tips for Pet Care Savings
47 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos