Bolivians rule out mailing mummy to France
LA PAZ, Bolivia (AP) - October 27, 2010 -- Bolivian police say they've detained a woman who tried to mail a mummy to France.
Police Col. Adolfo Cardenas said Tuesday a Peruvian woman tried to send the human remains from a post office in the town of Desaguadero along the Peruvian border. The destination was in the French city of Compiegne.
The mummy was discovered in a routine check of the package.
Cardenas says he doesn't know how old the mummy is, but says it was well-preserved and may have been from the Inca culture.
mythical creature, bizarre bazaar
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 53 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 40 min ago
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 42 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County 29 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 44 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
55 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
40 min ago
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
53 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos