Bolivians rule out mailing mummy to France
LA PAZ, Bolivia (AP) - October 27, 2010 -- Bolivian police say they've detained a woman who tried to mail a mummy to France.
Police Col. Adolfo Cardenas said Tuesday a Peruvian woman tried to send the human remains from a post office in the town of Desaguadero along the Peruvian border. The destination was in the French city of Compiegne.
The mummy was discovered in a routine check of the package.
Cardenas says he doesn't know how old the mummy is, but says it was well-preserved and may have been from the Inca culture.
mythical creature, bizarre bazaar
- Firefighters rescue 3 children from Southwest Philadelphia house fire
- Windy And Cool 26 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- North Philadephia man arrested for firing shots at police 39 min ago
- Fire forces evacuation of North Philadelphia high-rise 23 min ago
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend 1 min ago
- Windy And Cool
26 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos