4-foot pot plant in front yard brings arrest
BURLEY, Idaho (AP) - November 8, 2010 -- A southern Idaho woman growing a 4-foot tall pot plant in her front yard has been arrested and faces several felony drug charges.
A preliminary hearing in the case against 48-year-old Laurie M. Donald is scheduled next Thursday in Cassia County.
Police say an anonymous tip led them to the Donald's home on Oct. 21, when they found the marijuana plant growing in the corner of her front yard. Police obtained a warrant to search the home and found more than a pound of pot, some methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
Donald has been charged with felony drug trafficking, manufacturing a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
idaho, illegal drugs, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 33 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber