4-foot pot plant in front yard brings arrest
BURLEY, Idaho (AP) - November 8, 2010 -- A southern Idaho woman growing a 4-foot tall pot plant in her front yard has been arrested and faces several felony drug charges.
A preliminary hearing in the case against 48-year-old Laurie M. Donald is scheduled next Thursday in Cassia County.
Police say an anonymous tip led them to the Donald's home on Oct. 21, when they found the marijuana plant growing in the corner of her front yard. Police obtained a warrant to search the home and found more than a pound of pot, some methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
Donald has been charged with felony drug trafficking, manufacturing a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
idaho, illegal drugs, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 2 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death 12 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance 1 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Central Pa. man arrested for 2 DUIs in 2 hours 30 min ago
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's