Using spurs as self-defense weapons
COOPERSTOWN, N.D. (AP) - November 8, 2010 -- Don't mess with a cowboy - and his spurs.
Dallas Schmidt recently had his first Top Ten finish in a National Reining Horse Association competition.
He, his wife and their one-year-old were staying at a Columbus, Ohio, hotel.
He says he pulled his boots back on to get a baby bottle from the truck.
Schmidt says two would-be muggers approached from behind and demanded his money.
As one of the men moved closer, Schmidt says he got him in the face a with back-kick - spurs and all.
He tells the Grand Forks, N.D. Herald he never thought of his spurs as self-defense weapons.
Police are still looking for the muggers.
north dakota, bizarre bazaar
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 21 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 51 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 8 min ago