Using spurs as self-defense weapons
COOPERSTOWN, N.D. (AP) - November 8, 2010 -- Don't mess with a cowboy - and his spurs.
Dallas Schmidt recently had his first Top Ten finish in a National Reining Horse Association competition.
He, his wife and their one-year-old were staying at a Columbus, Ohio, hotel.
He says he pulled his boots back on to get a baby bottle from the truck.
Schmidt says two would-be muggers approached from behind and demanded his money.
As one of the men moved closer, Schmidt says he got him in the face a with back-kick - spurs and all.
He tells the Grand Forks, N.D. Herald he never thought of his spurs as self-defense weapons.
Police are still looking for the muggers.
north dakota, bizarre bazaar
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police