Using spurs as self-defense weapons
COOPERSTOWN, N.D. (AP) - November 8, 2010 -- Don't mess with a cowboy - and his spurs.
Dallas Schmidt recently had his first Top Ten finish in a National Reining Horse Association competition.
He, his wife and their one-year-old were staying at a Columbus, Ohio, hotel.
He says he pulled his boots back on to get a baby bottle from the truck.
Schmidt says two would-be muggers approached from behind and demanded his money.
As one of the men moved closer, Schmidt says he got him in the face a with back-kick - spurs and all.
He tells the Grand Forks, N.D. Herald he never thought of his spurs as self-defense weapons.
Police are still looking for the muggers.
north dakota, bizarre bazaar
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 57 min ago
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
57 min ago