Pot for payment isn't a good idea
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) - November 9, 2010 -- It's green.
It was offered as payment.
But it's not money.
A North Dakota man has been sentenced to six days in the slammer, after offering pot for payment in a bar.
Richard Hanley Junior has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor marijuana possession and disorderly conduct.
Authorities say he bumped into a server at a Bismarck bar.
Drinks were spilled and another employee demanded payment.
Prosecutors say Hanley offered to make good on the booze with a baggie of pot.
north dakota, dumb criminals, illegal drugs, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?