Pot for payment isn't a good idea
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) - November 9, 2010 -- It's green.
It was offered as payment.
But it's not money.
A North Dakota man has been sentenced to six days in the slammer, after offering pot for payment in a bar.
Richard Hanley Junior has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor marijuana possession and disorderly conduct.
Authorities say he bumped into a server at a Bismarck bar.
Drinks were spilled and another employee demanded payment.
Prosecutors say Hanley offered to make good on the booze with a baggie of pot.
north dakota, dumb criminals, illegal drugs, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 31 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 58 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 34 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 23 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
31 min ago
- Group calls on Phila. City Council for...
29 min ago