Idaho woman impersonated plastic surgeon
BOISE, Idaho (AP) - November 17, 2010 -- Police arrested a woman in Idaho's capital city after they say she impersonated a plastic surgeon and conducted breast exams on at least two women in local bars.
Kristina B. Ross was arrested Tuesday and jailed on accusations of unlicensed practice of medicine.
It all started earlier this month, when Boise police were called to a downtown medical office by employees of a licensed plastic surgeon.
Police say the office was getting calls from prospective patients who wanted to see a Dr. Berlyn Aussieahshowna. But no doctor by that name worked at the office.
Police got contact information for the women who had called, interviewed them - and then identified the 37-year-old Ross, who isn't licensed to practice medicine.
A phone listing for a Kristina Ross in Boise was disconnected.
Detectives say they fear there may be others who had fake exams.
idaho, health care, bizarre bazaar
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 24 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
37 min ago