Idaho woman impersonated plastic surgeon
BOISE, Idaho (AP) - November 17, 2010 -- Police arrested a woman in Idaho's capital city after they say she impersonated a plastic surgeon and conducted breast exams on at least two women in local bars.
Kristina B. Ross was arrested Tuesday and jailed on accusations of unlicensed practice of medicine.
It all started earlier this month, when Boise police were called to a downtown medical office by employees of a licensed plastic surgeon.
Police say the office was getting calls from prospective patients who wanted to see a Dr. Berlyn Aussieahshowna. But no doctor by that name worked at the office.
Police got contact information for the women who had called, interviewed them - and then identified the 37-year-old Ross, who isn't licensed to practice medicine.
A phone listing for a Kristina Ross in Boise was disconnected.
Detectives say they fear there may be others who had fake exams.
idaho, health care, bizarre bazaar
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 2 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem 50 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 37 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 43 min ago
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor