Not to worry, oysters are available
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - November 23, 2010 -- It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without oysters.
At least not in New Orleans.
Some of the chefs were worried that massive BP spill in the Gulf of Mexico would mean an oyster-less feast this year.
One Cajun chef says it's kind of sacrilegious to think of Thanksgiving without his fried oyster dressing.
But things aren't quite that bad. Gulf oysters are available, just more expensive and in short supply.
louisiana, new orleans, oil spill, bp, holidays, thanksgiving, bizarre bazaar
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting 17 min ago
- Tracking Scattered Storms
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department 24 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia 57 min ago
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list 45 min ago
- Photos: Ducklings saved from Del. storm drain