Not to worry, oysters are available
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - November 23, 2010 -- It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without oysters.
At least not in New Orleans.
Some of the chefs were worried that massive BP spill in the Gulf of Mexico would mean an oyster-less feast this year.
One Cajun chef says it's kind of sacrilegious to think of Thanksgiving without his fried oyster dressing.
But things aren't quite that bad. Gulf oysters are available, just more expensive and in short supply.
louisiana, new orleans, oil spill, bp, holidays, thanksgiving, bizarre bazaar
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 3 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?