Not to worry, oysters are available
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - November 23, 2010 -- It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without oysters.
At least not in New Orleans.
Some of the chefs were worried that massive BP spill in the Gulf of Mexico would mean an oyster-less feast this year.
One Cajun chef says it's kind of sacrilegious to think of Thanksgiving without his fried oyster dressing.
But things aren't quite that bad. Gulf oysters are available, just more expensive and in short supply.
louisiana, new orleans, oil spill, bp, holidays, thanksgiving, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha...