Not to worry, oysters are available
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - November 23, 2010 -- It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without oysters.
At least not in New Orleans.
Some of the chefs were worried that massive BP spill in the Gulf of Mexico would mean an oyster-less feast this year.
One Cajun chef says it's kind of sacrilegious to think of Thanksgiving without his fried oyster dressing.
But things aren't quite that bad. Gulf oysters are available, just more expensive and in short supply.
louisiana, new orleans, oil spill, bp, holidays, thanksgiving, bizarre bazaar
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 45 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 4 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
45 min ago