Pharmacy robber poked in eye, runs off
ERIE, Pa. (AP) - November 23, 2010 -- State police say they're still looking for two men who tried to force their way into an Erie-area drug store before the pharmacist got them to leave by poking one of the men in the eye.
State police say the investigation is continuing into Thursday evening's incident at the Waterford Pharmacy, in the Erie suburb of Waterford Township.
Pharmacist Michael Allgeier tells the Erie Times-News that he was on the phone when one of the men, wearing a black mask and carrying a crow bar, tried to force open the drug store's back door about 6:15 p.m. Allgeier says he reached his hand through the narrow space the man had forced the door opened and poked the robber in the eye.
Allgeier says it was the first attempted robbery in his 16 years at the business.
erie, pennsylvania, dumb criminals, robbery, bizarre bazaar
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 58 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 12 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
58 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos