Pharmacy robber poked in eye, runs off
ERIE, Pa. (AP) - November 23, 2010 -- State police say they're still looking for two men who tried to force their way into an Erie-area drug store before the pharmacist got them to leave by poking one of the men in the eye.
State police say the investigation is continuing into Thursday evening's incident at the Waterford Pharmacy, in the Erie suburb of Waterford Township.
Pharmacist Michael Allgeier tells the Erie Times-News that he was on the phone when one of the men, wearing a black mask and carrying a crow bar, tried to force open the drug store's back door about 6:15 p.m. Allgeier says he reached his hand through the narrow space the man had forced the door opened and poked the robber in the eye.
Allgeier says it was the first attempted robbery in his 16 years at the business.
erie, pennsylvania, dumb criminals, robbery, bizarre bazaar
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 37 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 47 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host 1 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
2 min ago