Police: Shoplifters hid goods in fat rolls
EDMOND, Okla. - December 2, 2010 -- Two Oklahoma women are accused of hiding hundreds of dollars worth of goods in their belly fat.
"These two individuals were actually concealing them in areas of their body where excess skin was," according to Officer James Hamm of the Edmond Police Department. "Under their chest area and up under armpits and things of that nature. They were concealing large items."
Edmond police say the women used their bodies to make the heist.
Police say they found 4 pairs of boots, 3 pairs of jeans, a wallet and gloves hidden on 28-year-old Ailene Brown and 37-year-old Shmeco Thomas. Officers say one of the women hid three of the boots beneath her breasts and bra.
The women face felony charges for the alleged thefts.
oklahoma, theft, bizarre bazaar
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 8 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad