Police: Shoplifters hid goods in fat rolls
EDMOND, Okla. - December 2, 2010 -- Two Oklahoma women are accused of hiding hundreds of dollars worth of goods in their belly fat.
"These two individuals were actually concealing them in areas of their body where excess skin was," according to Officer James Hamm of the Edmond Police Department. "Under their chest area and up under armpits and things of that nature. They were concealing large items."
Edmond police say the women used their bodies to make the heist.
Police say they found 4 pairs of boots, 3 pairs of jeans, a wallet and gloves hidden on 28-year-old Ailene Brown and 37-year-old Shmeco Thomas. Officers say one of the women hid three of the boots beneath her breasts and bra.
The women face felony charges for the alleged thefts.
oklahoma, theft, bizarre bazaar
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 28 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 20 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
14 min ago