Security camera snaps naked man in cemetery
PICAYUNE, Miss. (AP) - December 14, 2010 -- A man caught naked in a south Mississippi church cemetery says he was trying to take photographs of spirits.
Robert Hurst tells The Picayune Item newspaper that he shed his clothes because he believes skin is the best canvas to show spirits' orbs of energy.
The 47-year-old says he only intended to remove his shirt, but he took off all his clothes - a move he now calls "stupid."
Authorities had set up a motion-activated camera to try to catch vandals. Shane Tucker, the chief deputy in Pearl River County, says Hurst is not accused of vandalism, but the camera caught an unexpected image of Hurst naked.
Hurst faces a misdemeanor charge of indecent exposure. He posted $500 bond after turning himself in Friday.
mississippi, naked in public, bizarre bazaar
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested 33 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 children rescued in SW Phila. house fire 45 min ago
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris 14 min ago
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge 9 min ago
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 3 children rescued in SW Phila. house fire
45 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos