Security camera snaps naked man in cemetery
PICAYUNE, Miss. (AP) - December 14, 2010 -- A man caught naked in a south Mississippi church cemetery says he was trying to take photographs of spirits.
Robert Hurst tells The Picayune Item newspaper that he shed his clothes because he believes skin is the best canvas to show spirits' orbs of energy.
The 47-year-old says he only intended to remove his shirt, but he took off all his clothes - a move he now calls "stupid."
Authorities had set up a motion-activated camera to try to catch vandals. Shane Tucker, the chief deputy in Pearl River County, says Hurst is not accused of vandalism, but the camera caught an unexpected image of Hurst naked.
Hurst faces a misdemeanor charge of indecent exposure. He posted $500 bond after turning himself in Friday.
mississippi, naked in public, bizarre bazaar
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 38 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 29 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
38 min ago