Security camera snaps naked man in cemetery
PICAYUNE, Miss. (AP) - December 14, 2010 -- A man caught naked in a south Mississippi church cemetery says he was trying to take photographs of spirits.
Robert Hurst tells The Picayune Item newspaper that he shed his clothes because he believes skin is the best canvas to show spirits' orbs of energy.
The 47-year-old says he only intended to remove his shirt, but he took off all his clothes - a move he now calls "stupid."
Authorities had set up a motion-activated camera to try to catch vandals. Shane Tucker, the chief deputy in Pearl River County, says Hurst is not accused of vandalism, but the camera caught an unexpected image of Hurst naked.
Hurst faces a misdemeanor charge of indecent exposure. He posted $500 bond after turning himself in Friday.
mississippi, naked in public, bizarre bazaar
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 37 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 17 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 33 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 35 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 31 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures