Vermont gov. gives press 1 last dog and pony show
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - December 23, 2010 -- Sometimes derided for his "dog and pony show" press conferences, outgoing Vermont Gov. Jim Douglas used his last one to trot out the real thing.
The Republican governor, who leaves office next months after eight years, appeared at his weekly press conference Wednesday with a miniature horse and a Labrador retriever, in a light-hearted jab at his image. The press corps poked some fun, too, giving him a yellow Wal-Mart greeter T-shirt and a set of scissors to kid him about his penchant for ribbon-cuttings and other ceremonial event.
Douglas will be succeeded by Democrat Peter Shumlin.
vermont, bizarre bazaar
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 17 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!