When is the right time to get married
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP) - January 3, 2011 -- You know how some couples try to decide when is the right time to get married?
One couple in southern Kentucky feels it found exactly the right time to confirm that they were the right "one" for each other.
John Payne and Sheryl Brooks tied the knot on New Year's Day, with the ceremony taking place at 11:11 a.m. on 1-1-11.
The bride tells the Bowling Green Daily News: "we like to be different."
About 25 friends and family members gathered at Fountain Square Park in Bowling Green on Saturday to witness the ceremony.
The couple had been together for more than a decade before deciding on the "right" time.
kentucky, weddings, new year's, bizarre bazaar
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 17 min ago
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?