When is the right time to get married
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP) - January 3, 2011 -- You know how some couples try to decide when is the right time to get married?
One couple in southern Kentucky feels it found exactly the right time to confirm that they were the right "one" for each other.
John Payne and Sheryl Brooks tied the knot on New Year's Day, with the ceremony taking place at 11:11 a.m. on 1-1-11.
The bride tells the Bowling Green Daily News: "we like to be different."
About 25 friends and family members gathered at Fountain Square Park in Bowling Green on Saturday to witness the ceremony.
The couple had been together for more than a decade before deciding on the "right" time.
kentucky, weddings, new year's, bizarre bazaar
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos