No puffing in this village anymore
GREAT NECK, N.Y. (AP) - January 6, 2011 -- No puffing while you're walking in a Long Island village.
The Great Neck, New York, village board has voted to ban smoking on public sidewalks.
Board members say it's the first such law in the state.
The town mayor says the board was responding to complaints about smokers standing outside of stores.
Lighting up on the sidewalk will be punishable by a fine of up to $1,000.
new york, smoking, health care, bizarre bazaar
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 33 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm 12 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 40 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 5 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 24 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 20 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 6 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
5 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
24 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
33 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos