No puffing in this village anymore
GREAT NECK, N.Y. (AP) - January 6, 2011 -- No puffing while you're walking in a Long Island village.
The Great Neck, New York, village board has voted to ban smoking on public sidewalks.
Board members say it's the first such law in the state.
The town mayor says the board was responding to complaints about smokers standing outside of stores.
Lighting up on the sidewalk will be punishable by a fine of up to $1,000.
new york, smoking, health care, bizarre bazaar
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower