Fake ER valet nabs expecting mom's car
LOWELL, Mass. (AP) - January 17, 2011 -- Police say a fake valet at a Massachusetts emergency room offered to park a pregnant woman's car, then drove away with it.
Lowell police Capt. Kelly Richardson tells the Boston Herald that the woman drove herself to Lowell General Hospital at 3 a.m. Friday while suffering labor pains. She parked outside the emergency room doors and was met by a man wearing a uniform-style shirt who introduced himself as the valet.
The man said she couldn't park there but volunteered to take her keys and move the car. Then, police say, he drove away.
While being admitted, the woman was told the hospital didn't offer a valet service.
The car was found Saturday morning. Police are examining it for fingerprints and other evidence to try to find the suspect.
massachusetts, hospitals, automobiles, bizarre bazaar
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 23 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 7 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 48 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 32 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 48 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 21 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 6 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
21 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
43 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos