Vermont takes maple very seriously
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - January 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Vermonters have a beef with McDonald's -- over maple.
Governor Peter Shumlin says McDonald's new Fruit and Maple Oatmeal doesn't have any real maple in it.
So, starting February 1, customers in Vermont can request 100 percent maple syrup for their oatmeal.
A spokeswoman for McDonald's says the company is pleased with the settlement, which will allow the continued sale of Fruit and Maple Oatmeal in Vermont.
vermont, food, fast food, bizarre bazaar
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 15 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos