Vermont takes maple very seriously
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - January 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Vermonters have a beef with McDonald's -- over maple.
Governor Peter Shumlin says McDonald's new Fruit and Maple Oatmeal doesn't have any real maple in it.
So, starting February 1, customers in Vermont can request 100 percent maple syrup for their oatmeal.
A spokeswoman for McDonald's says the company is pleased with the settlement, which will allow the continued sale of Fruit and Maple Oatmeal in Vermont.
vermont, food, fast food, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 24 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 17 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co. 28 min ago
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering