Vermont takes maple very seriously
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - January 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Vermonters have a beef with McDonald's -- over maple.
Governor Peter Shumlin says McDonald's new Fruit and Maple Oatmeal doesn't have any real maple in it.
So, starting February 1, customers in Vermont can request 100 percent maple syrup for their oatmeal.
A spokeswoman for McDonald's says the company is pleased with the settlement, which will allow the continued sale of Fruit and Maple Oatmeal in Vermont.
vermont, food, fast food, bizarre bazaar
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos