Vermont takes maple very seriously
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - January 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Vermonters have a beef with McDonald's -- over maple.
Governor Peter Shumlin says McDonald's new Fruit and Maple Oatmeal doesn't have any real maple in it.
So, starting February 1, customers in Vermont can request 100 percent maple syrup for their oatmeal.
A spokeswoman for McDonald's says the company is pleased with the settlement, which will allow the continued sale of Fruit and Maple Oatmeal in Vermont.
vermont, food, fast food, bizarre bazaar
- New sighting reported of missing student's car 47 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 42 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 38 min ago
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson 45 min ago
- Tornado-hit states brace for more bad storms 50 min ago
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
42 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
38 min ago
- New sighting reported of missing student's...
47 min ago
- Tornado-hit states brace for more bad storms
50 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos