Medical marijuana users getting pot soft drink
SOQUEL, Calif. (AP) - January 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- A California entrepreneur has plans to market a line medical marijuana soft drinks.
Clay Butler says he plans to supply medical marijuana dispensaries with his soda pot, which contains the psychoactive marijuana ingredient THC.
Marijuana drinks are already showing up here and there, but Butler says he thinks his branding savvy will make his product a hit.
Besides his flagship cola drink, Canna Cola, he will also produce Dr. Pepper-like Doc Weed, lemon-lime Sour Diesel, grape-flavored Grape Ape and orange-flavored Orange Kush.
A 12-ounce bottle will cost $10 to $15.
The Soquel-based commercial artist tells the Santa Cruz Sentinel that he doesn't do drugs or need medical marijuana for any ailments.
california, medical marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police