Pa. baby named for nearby college after car birth
ERIE, Pa. (AP) - January 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- An Erie-area couple has named their baby after the college they stopped in front of when the woman gave birth in their car on the way to the hospital.
Nathan and Kathy Brewer, of Harborcreek Township, say they considered naming their son Cam, because he was born in a Toyota Camry, or Otto, a play on the word "auto." Instead, they settled on Asher Behrend Brewer - Asher being a biblical name and Behrend for the Behrend College, a satellite campus in the Penn State system also known as Penn State Behrend.
The Brewers were driving to St. Vincent Health Center in Erie when the boy arrived unexpectedly at 12:20 a.m. Dec. 31.
Brewer tells the Erie Times-News he "didn't do much" to assist his wife who in the front passenger seat when she gave birth to their son, saying, "Basically, I just caught him."
erie, pennsylvania, bizarre bazaar
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 46 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela 30 min ago
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
52 min ago