South Africa's ANC deplores ... sushi on models?
JOHANNESBURG (AP) - February 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- South Africa's governing party has pronounced: eating sushi off the body of a model in a bikini is politically incorrect.
A Monday statement from African National Congress secretary general Gwede Mantashe is unequivocal: "This act is anti-ANC and anti-revolutionary. This act is defamatory, insensitive and undermining of woman's integrity."
The fish-on-flesh question has raged in South African media in recent months following reports of the practice at parties of wealthy businessmen and socialites. Earlier Monday, Johannesburg newspapers reported the head of the ANC's powerful youth league had attended such a party over the weekend.
Mantashe adds: "The ANC is not into nightclubs or partying, but it is a revolutionary movement."
south africa, bizarre bazaar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 9 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 54 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 15 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
15 min ago
- 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
34 min ago