South Africa's ANC deplores ... sushi on models?
JOHANNESBURG (AP) - February 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- South Africa's governing party has pronounced: eating sushi off the body of a model in a bikini is politically incorrect.
A Monday statement from African National Congress secretary general Gwede Mantashe is unequivocal: "This act is anti-ANC and anti-revolutionary. This act is defamatory, insensitive and undermining of woman's integrity."
The fish-on-flesh question has raged in South African media in recent months following reports of the practice at parties of wealthy businessmen and socialites. Earlier Monday, Johannesburg newspapers reported the head of the ANC's powerful youth league had attended such a party over the weekend.
Mantashe adds: "The ANC is not into nightclubs or partying, but it is a revolutionary movement."
south africa, bizarre bazaar
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 30 min ago
- Turning Milder 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 9 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
30 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
9 min ago
- Family searches for missing medical student
27 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
15 min ago