The power of pork
GASTON, S.C. (AP) - February 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- The power of pork is coming to South Carolina.
Researchers from Clemson University are helping to plan a power plant that uses methane gas to fuel electric generators.
The methane will come from hog waste.
Officials of Santee Cooper, the state-owned utility, say the piggy power will produce enough electricity for 90 homes.
south carolina, energy, bizarre bazaar
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 15 min ago
- Milder this afternoon 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 44 min ago
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue 5 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City...
5 min ago
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
15 min ago